Monday, February 9, 2009

Water Storage Info.

I found this great blog today with a lot of good info. on water storage. The blog is run by the Pleasant Grove 1st ward. I would really suggest you check it out, not just for water storage info. but for other things also. Here's the link http://pgward.org/ep/archives/category/water.
TIP: When you're looking at blogs like these, look at the other sites they suggest, I've found a lot of great sites that way.
Michelle

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey Michelle, I bought one of those big blue water containers from the ward a couple of years ago. I don't know what to use to clean it with and what kind of water to use. I've been meaning to call but I always forget. Would you please email me at heidilowder@yahoo.com. Sorry. I know they went over it but I didn't pay attention. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

To clean the barrels, I would just use some dish soap and water. Put some of each in the barrel, roll it around for a few minutes and rinse. Using household water is fine to fill your barrels with. However, be sure to use a hose made for drinking water, not a regular garden hose, unless you don't plan to drink the water. Also, you could add some bleach to the soapy water while cleaning, it just depends on what you're going to use the water for. Good luck
Michelle