Some people have mentioned about good prices on meat. I get the Macey's ad in the mail (you can too by signing up at the store, they'll send one right to your mail box every week. Just remember that even though it comes early, that their sale goes Wed. - Wed. now) and they have some great chicken deals if you're looking to stock up. I'll list the prices, but of course you can go to their site, which is listed to your left. I actually like to do both. By the way, did you know that you can make a print out of your shopping list for Maceys, Smiths and Albertson's? It's great.
Okay, here are the prices.
10# box-breaded chicken breast $9.99 That's a dollar a pound, in case you don't do math. ( I like to use these sliced to make a chicken potato bowl like at KFC, but way cheaper)
20# box-frozen boneless, skinless chicken-breasts or tenders $29.99 this is only $1.25 per lb. Cheap!(I'll take these boxes home and divide into meal size freezer bags, you could also cook and then freeze for ease. Of course you could can it, too.)
Super Saver Pack-fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts $1.49lb. If you don't, or can't buy a 20 lb. box, this is the next best thing. Stock up on as much as you can.
Happy shopping!
Michelle
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Great Chicken Deals
Labels:
food deals,
Food Storage,
get it done in 2009,
great deals,
ready set go
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thanks Michelle!
Post a Comment