I was wondering if any of you would like to share, besides with your circle of friends, what you have been doing over the last few months to help get your family prepared? I know we can all learn from each other. Even if you have only done small things, you might inspire someone. Many times it's the small things that make the biggest difference.
Next week I will be posting more things for you to work on. Sorry it's taken so long for me to post anything. We also will be doing some group buys and making some useful kits and things. Keep an eye and ear out.
Let's hear from you. I know you're doing something, share it with everyone.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We purchased an electric Wheat grinder and have made it a goal to buy one bucket of Wheat every time we go to Costco ($22 for 45 lbs. - I think - it might not be the best deal, because I have not done my research, but it is already packaged, sealed, and convenient.) We know there are many other things we need to be doing, but this is something that we can keep on doing until we feel we have a big enough supply of wheat.
We split up our duties in our family and are hoping to meet in the middle. I've taken everything food related and Dave has taken 'other'. He put those into categories, and has been slowly purchasing from each category. Last month's category was light (can you guess what he might have purchased). I took my 'food' and split them up into categories as well. After putting together 14 meals I could store, I then split that up into categories like meat, spices, etc...and have been slowly watching the sales.
Great job! Thanks for sharing
Michelle
This weekend, I organized my food storage so that everything has a place. It enabled me to do a proper inventory of what we have, what we need and what we definitely don't need more of! It was a huge project, but well worth it.
http://preparednesspro.wordpress.com
Post a Comment