Monday, March 16, 2009

Thoughts at 4 a.m.

No, it is NOT 4 a.m. However, I was awake at that time this morning, unfortunately, thinking about how really prepared my family is and my ward family members are (and of course those of you who aren't in either of those categories, whom hopefully we're helping here). I don't want this post to be gloomy, I just felt I needed to share some thoughts I was having.
I think that beyond if we have enough money or food, etc. to care for our families, are we prepared mentally and emotionally? Have we taught our children to only take as much food as they will eat, portion control, to eat everything on their plates? Turn off lights, use water wisely, living without electricity or running water or enough heat to really keep us warm? Can we take care of a minor sickness without going to the doctor? There are so many things like this that I think we all probably have become complacent about because of the abundance we've all enjoyed in this country for so many years. Please don't think that I'm pointing a finger, because I know that many more would be pointing at me if I did.
I'm not a gloom and doom person, which I've mentioned before, but I am a "what if" person. The kind of person who would rather plan for the worse and hope for the best. Be prepared for anything. Or at least as much as I can be prepared for. One could make themselves crazy trying to plan for every teeny tiny thing, but I also know that if we do our best, the rest will work it self out, with the help of the Lord.
Thanks for letting me share these thoughts with you. Please remember that what is written here is not meant to scare, offend or facilitate any negative feelings. Only to give encouragement and food for thought. Sorry if anyone has any negative feelings.
Next post has recipes I hope you enjoy.
Michelle

No comments: