I found this great article at this site
http://theprudenthomemaker.com/LivingonourFoodStorage.aspx
It is the story about the woman and her family and how they have lived, the last almost 2 years, strictly on storage. The whole site is great, but I especially like the story. She has a lot of little tidbits of information, along with practical recipes for cooking on a small budget. Check it out, I think you'll like it.
Also, for those of you who missed the video at the provident living fair, take a look at the you tube video series of Wendy Dewitt. She's from Arizona and has been going around teaching people how to get their storage for years. I've personally been to one of her classes and it's really great. It's where I got the first real information about how to get a storage that my family will eat. Also, not to be afraid of canning my own meat. Take a look.
One last thing. Next week I will start posting my personal favorite recipes. I hope you try some of them and hopefully enjoy them. The first one I'll post, is the bread recipe I use and had samples of at the fair. Hopefully this will inspire some of you to share as well.
Michelle
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am looking forward to your bread recipe. I really need a good one.
Post a Comment