Friday, January 23, 2009

More pasta deals, in Lehi

I know some of you get as crazy excited as I do when I find a great deal somewhere, I won't mention names 'cuz I'll forget someone and don't like to offend.
Anyway, I'm sure most, if not all, of you have seen the sign on Main St. in Lehi about the pasta sale, and thought "oh, I wonder". Well me too, so I went ahead and stopped in. WoW, what a deal they have going there. The people who are selling the pasta (and some spices) will be there until about the middle of Feb. selling all kinds of pasta for .75 lb. If you buy 10 boxes, no matter the poundage, they will sell it to you for .65 lb. You can also just buy it by the pound for a bit higher price. It's fun pasta, not just spaghetti and macaroni. Don't ask me how much I got.
They get the pasta from a well known pasta company, don't ask which one I forget things like that. It is pasta that for one reason or another has been denied from the different food making companies (reasons like it didn't get cut the right size, etc) and the pasta has to do something with it, so sometimes, like in cases like this, they sell it for a good price and someone sells it for a good price. Okay, so you get the idea. If you want to know what kinds they have without actually going in to the store (which is open 1-7 week days, and I can't remember Saturday, sorry, I know I'm lame, but give me a break, please) you can to on to KSL under the classifides under food storage and there is information there, not just about what kind of pasta, but their hours, too. Have fun
Michelle

2 comments:

The Blomquist Bunch said...

i have been wondering about those signs i've seen---thanks for doing the detective work for me! we go through so much stinkin' pasta it would be great to get a deal---and fun shapes, more the better! muchas gracias once again for your helpful hints!!

Sunrise Meadows First Ward said...

This was on KSL. Is there anyone intereted in buying together so we could get the cheaper price of .65/lb?
Danielle

90 East Main Street, Lehi. Sale hours are 1-7 pm M-F and Saturday 10-3 pm. Remember it is first come first serve and we will have additional variety of pasta next weekend. The sale should last until the second week of February or until the pasta runs out.

We have about 10,000 lbs. to sell through. Variety includes: Riccioli, Orzo, Organic Penne Rigate, Penne Rigate, Medium Shells, Stars, Acine De Pepe, Casserole Lasagna, Linguini and Cavatappi Rotini.

Average store price is $1.50 per pound. The .75 cent per pound is the case price. Cases range from 12 to 45 pounds. We will break down the case and bag if necessary but the price goes up...