I didn't really want to do any bulk buying until January, but when I heard about this deal on wheat (from Howard Winsors brother) I thought maybe some of you might be interested either for your self or as gifts. It's hard red wheat. 50 lb. for $15.00, 100 lb. for $30.00 and #10 cans for $3.00 (approximately 5.5 lb in a can). This is wheat from Idaho, and is said to be the best wheat the grower (Howard's cousin) has ever grown. It's a high protein content wheat. I know it's red, and everyone wants white, but sometimes you take the deals where you can find them.
Though it's a good deal, I do have to mention that you can get hard red wheat from the cannery for 25 lb. for $6.75, though. Let me know if you want to get on the list for the wheat (not the cannery wheat, you can pick that up yourselves). I also want to mention that I have buckets available at my house if you need any. I have 4 gal. buckets for $1.50 and 5 gal. buckets for $2.50. Let me (Michelle)know if you would like any of them.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Michelle, What's the shelf life for putting the wheat in buckets? I am interested in purchasing some wheat and buckets if you think that is the best route.
Buckets are great! The best bucketing way is to either have a mylar bag in the bucket with oxy packets, or with a lid with a gasket with oxy packets (the oxy packets are really to kill the larve which are in all food). Okay, now to the shelf life. If you look at the Providentliving.org website, you will see that wheat can store for as much as 30 years or more. Actually, wheat has been found in Tutt's (how the heck do you spell his name?) tomb which still sprouted, meaning that is was a viable food. So, basically for ever. You could also use Diamatatous earth or dry ice for the "bug" issue. Oxy packets are probably the first choice, though. Too much info.? Sorry
Michelle
Post a Comment