Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pandemic Planning

I've felt compelled, recently, to talk about the whole pandemic "thing". For years I've ignored the comments made in the news and other media about the "bird flu pandemic". I just thought it was just one more thing for people to scare us with. Then one day I heard that there is information about pandemic preparedness on the provident living website. Of course, rather than taking someone's word for it, I checked out the website and sure enough it's there, and not just one page of information. Then I thought I would "google" for some other official information on it. The U.S. government actually has several pages of information about pandemic preparedness, and links to more information about cause and affect of the pandemic. Very interesting stuff, I must say. I'm not a "dooms day" kind of person. I just like to be as informed as possible, so I can be as ready as I can be for any situation. Mind you, I have plenty of preparing to do, but I still like information. I've found several websites and blogs with good flu pandemic information, no dooms day stuff, just real information. I would like to encourage you to take some time and look over the links. I will probably add to the link list as I find good enough sites to share. I would love to hear your opinions about the flu pandemic, for or against. Please know that I'm not in any way trying to scare anyone, or anything like that, I just wanted to pass along some information I feel is important in our preparedness planning for our families. After all, being prepared means being prepared for any situation.

http://providentliving.org/content/display/0,11666,8041-1-4414-1,00.html
www.pandemicflu.gov
www.icfi.com/pandemic
http://www.mormonshare.com/bird-flu.phphttp://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/pandemic/en/index.html
http://virus.stanford.edu/uda/

No comments: